Leisters tables are made from Maple wood. All tables have a catalyzed varnish topcoat. This varnish assists in protecting against marking, scratching, and staining. However, our tables are still wood, which means some steps need to be taken to protect your furniture.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- Do not place furniture directly in front of heat vents or other heat sources
- To ensure your wood furniture’s longevity, it is recommended that you use a humidifier or air conditioner to maintain temperature and humidity.
- Blot all spills immediately
- Avoid using any cleaners that contain ammonia which will damage the furniture’s topcoat. To clean – wipe tables with a damp cloth only.
- Protective pads should be used under any accessory placed on a table. Coasters and placemats are recommended to prevent spills or from hot dishes. But plastic, rubber and cork can sometimes have a chemical reaction with the finish.
Architectural Woodwork Institute Household Regent Surface Finish Tests
Leisters Catalyzed Varnish
A conversion Varnish is applied to provide the final protective film. It is non-yellowing and protects the wood from attack in severe environments. The satin gloss appearance (20 sheen) provides a warm, rubbed look to the finish. It also is baked at a temperature of 120º to maximize durability
|Lemon Juice||No Effect|
|Orange Juice||No Effect|
|Olive Oil||No Effect|
|Boiling Water||No Effect|
|Cold Water||No Effect|
|Nail Polish Remover||No Effect|
|Household Ammonia||No Effect|
|VM&P Naptha||No Effect|
|Isopropyl Alcohol||No Effect|
|409 Cleaner||No Effect|
|Sulfuric Acid (33%)||No Effect|
|Sulfuric Acid (77%)||No Effect|
|Ammonia Hydroxide (28%)||No Effect|
|Murphy’s Oil Soap||No Effect|
|Trisodium Phosphate (10%)||No Effect|